Saturday, October 22, 2011

Seven Ideas on Saturday

Restoration Hardware has nothing on me this week (well at least not regarding these shades). Just in at curioussofa.com is this amazing, giant burlap pendant light below, which would be perfect over your farm table or kitchen island. The cord is long enough you can plug into a floor outlet or hard wire into the ceiling.


The interior above is the perfect mix of masculine bohemian and industrial. I'd like to sit our new handwriting lamp on that pile of books.


From the Curious Sofa archives comes this favorite image above that was once displayed in my office. From the master Carol Bolton, I first saw her use a gooseneck lamp as a sconce 15 years ago. My rare find below can be hung on the wall, clamped to a bed or sat on a table.


The Moroccan pouf is making a comeback and when I found the one below my hear stopped. Toss it off-center near your coffee table as shown above for added interest.


Finding the perfect little chandelier for the bath or hallway can be tough. This one below measures in at a small 11.5" high.


As I have been offering products on the website, I have been surprised at how many items appeal to me to add to our Baroque category (just another name for shabby chic.) I thought I was over that look but "it pulls me back in!" every time. Example: this lovely Victorian oil painting below has all the right dusty colors to use in a bedroom setting like the one above.


And my fascination with globes continues. Just when I thought I had seen every shape and size I scored this giant version below. I don't recommend cutting this one in half like the one above, but still a great idea for another one in not so good shape.

See what else just came in here.
And Halloween is ON SALE! 50-75% off.

SHOP the website

READ the blog
FOLLOW on facebook
IDEAS on pinterest